Custom Search

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Breaking News: Armed Robbers Attack Mr. Nigeria; Shoot Him 7 Times



It was a horrible day for Mr. Nigeria 2010, Kenneth Okolie on the dusk of Tuesday, January 4, 2010 while driving along Festac road in Lagos, as unknown gun men ambushed him, robbed him off his jewelry and accessories worth N350, 000; and upon taking off shot at him seven times – burying 7 bullets inside his body.

Survivor Okolie who was rushed to the hospital on time by good samaritans in the neighborhood recounted his ordeal to us over the telephone; revealing that the doctors had already removed six bullets from his body.





‘I was driving on the street so I slowed down. All of a sudden some guys just came out from nowhere on a bike and on the side walk. I wanted to move but one of them just shot in the air so I had to come down slowly. They took my chains, white gold, and wristwatch, wallet containing my complementary cards, ID card and ATM card but there was no money in the wallet. All the things they took from me amounted to N350, 000 or thereabout and I was trying to plead with them but they cursed in Yoruba language. I was shot seven times but six bullets have been removed already’, he tells us.

According to the model who also emerged as the second runner up at the Mr World contest in 2010, the robbers took to their heels when the residents of the area started screaming ‘ole’ (thief) – leaving him by his Prado jeep as he writhed in pain.

As at the time of filing this report, Mr Okolie was fast healing up at home upon his discharge from the hospital.

‘I can’t really stretch my head but I’m walking well with my legs. I’ve been discharged from the hospital but still receiving medications’, he adds.

No comments: