Custom Search

Monday, April 18, 2011

I didn’t know success would come this fast –D'banj

Click for Full Image Size



D'banj He is one of the young Nigerian contemporary artistes that have become very successful at doing music. But Afro- pop singer, D’banj, has said that although he dreamt of being a force to reckon with, he never thought he would hit the success height so quickly. The hit-maker said this much during an interview session with an American entertainment television, BET, which was aired recently. The Koko Master disclosed the fact that his mind is always channelled towards the positive lane boosted his career success. 

“It crossed my mind that I would be successful. I dreamt about it. But obviously not this fast. I don’t know why I had the drive. I’m a very positive person and I think that has also helped. And I believe in myself. That’s the three things that have kept me going.” After dropping several hits over the years that have made him popular among music lovers, D’banj’s fans may be surprised to know that he is not always at ease whenever he is getting ready to release an album. Based on his wanting to please his fans, he is always scared about how they would receive his album.


“I’m always scared. A lot of times I’ve been afraid. After every album, I’m afraid. Before I drop any album, I’m afraid. But I have always believed in myself.” However, when asked about his love life, the award-winning singer, who has been rumoured to be romantically involved with Nollywood actress, Genevieve Nnaji, stylishly evaded the question. Although Genevieve had hinted, in another interview back home late last year, that the two stars are dating by saying that D’banj is a man with a large heart, the crooner did not however speak on the issue.

He jokingly said: “I have a big heart. The love is for everybody. But I’m still searching.” Even though he has won more than 20 awards around the world, he revealed that he has his eyes on the Grammy. Perhaps, this may be one of the reasons for his collaborations with foreign artistes like his recent duet with Snoop Dogg. While his Koko Mobile series hit the streets recently, D’banj also explained the reason for his venturing into several brands.“After studying artistes abroad who have


Source: nigeriafilms

No comments: